From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of m...@grounded.net
[m...@grounded.net]

I've not cleared my logs in a day or two now and decided to double check that
merge-logs in indeed installed, as I'm sure I ran it.
This time, it took a rather long time to run so figured perhaps it didn't have
enough logs when I've run it before.
Thing is, even though it definitely took longer to complete, the merge.xml file
remains the same.

-rw-r--r--  1 root       root              79 Jul  6 21:14 merged.xml

# more merged.xml
<sipTrace>
</sipTrace>

Is it possible that it is putting the output somewhere else as well and that
perhaps that file is the actual output?

I don't see the command line that executed merge-logs.  Did it report a "not
found" error as you say it has done in the past?  Show us what happened!

In regard to where the output is going, the odds are that it is in the current
directory when you ran merge-logs.  One thing to look at is whether the
modification date of merged.xml (as you list above) is the moment when you ran
merge-logs.  Although with your clock problems, that can't be relied upon.

Dale