> If you have observed a phone disappearing from the Active
> Registrations screen (as instructed in step (2)), you'd know which
> phone was involved:

There were about a dozen phones registered in the list and when the problem
happened, it would take them all out.

> If you are having registration problems, it's best not to do that.

It didn't appear to be a registration problem since we could see the timing
errors in the logs.
Figured it might be easier to see things by clearing out some logs at that
point.

> The reason is that the underlying problem with registrations may have
> happened an hour or two previously, and when you extract the snapshot,
> it only sees the latest log files.  In general, you should trust the
> snapshot process's ability to extract the time period of interest.

Got it, will keep that in mind for snapshots.

> (Actually, your registration problem is almost certainly due to your
> clock problem.  But the empty output from merge-logs is due to
> something else, and I'm pursuing that right now.)

Yes, it is. I am hoping to get input from some IBM folks but in the meantime,
have built a replacement sipx 2.1 on an HP server. I am at this very moment,
restoring after fully updating the server first.

>Can you tar/zip that directory and put it some place that I
> can retrieve it?  Send me the link privately, so you don't have to
> modify the files first.

I'll get that done in a few minutes and send you a link.

Thanks.