From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of m...@grounded.net
[m...@grounded.net]

>?If you have observed a phone disappearing from the Active
>?Registrations screen (as instructed in step (2)), you'd know which
>?phone was involved:

There were about a dozen phones registered in the list and when the problem
happened, it would take them all out.

That's fine, but I instructed you to *note down the extension of an affected
phone*, and you did not do that.  The importance of that step may not be
obvious, but I've learned the hard way that when trying to fix a problem, it is
far more useful to know the details of a specific failure instance than it is
to know the general pattern of the failures that are being seen.  The ideal
failure report is "At time xxx UTC, from phone nnn (IP address aa.aa.aa.aa), I
dialed yyyyy, and the call failed with a fast-busy tone."  In this particular
instance, we need the extension as input to the merge-logs command, and since
you didn't note down a failing extension, you were stuck making a guess at how
to run merge-logs.

Dale