Must be a big baby...

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Gary Luca
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:04 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Polycom IP 430 won't register remotely

Oh Tony.  I tested it and everything.  Made an internal call out.  External
call out.  Internal call in.  EVERYTHING WORKS!  I'm beyond ecstatic! lol

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Tony Graziano
<tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net<mailto:tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net>> wrote:
Er. If you say so. I am somewhat doubtful that audio would work in all
cases. Registering is only a babystep.

On 7/15/10, Gary Luca <garyluc...@gmail.com<mailto:garyluc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> I DID IT!!!!
>
> It is the STUPIDEST little thing.
>
> So in the phone group setup, I was specifying the outgoing proxy in the SIP
> Servers screen.  Just for the hell of it, I decided to try ALSO specifying
> this information under the Lines - Registration screen.  And VOILA!  It
> works.
>
> I definitely feel like I just wasted four days of my life that i'll never
> get back.
>
> But now I know!
>
> Thank you all SOOOOOO much for your help.  I really appreciate it.
>
> Best,
>
> -Gary
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Tony Graziano
> <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net<mailto:tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net>
>> wrote:
>
>> I'd be curious to see if xlite actually WORKS besides registering. I am
>> pretty sure your actiontek will not handle NAT properly at the sipx side,
>> so
>> beating your dead horse only makes you tired and sore.
>>
>> You may not ever get it working with the correct firewall because your
>> public DNS
>>
>> spadafora4senate.com<http://spadafora4senate.com>
>> <http://udp.spadafora4senate.com/> does not have SRV
>> and SIP related DNS records setup.
>>
>> Whiletyou might POINT to your other domain that you do not control for an
>> record, it's simply not enough, you need SRV records as a minimum too/.
>>
>> Deal with XLITE to see that it works 100% and then re-evaluate how you did
>> all of this.
>>
>> Your DNS needs to be publicly resolvable, and your sipx side firewall has
>> to be compatible. Right now they are NOT. You SHOULD use a dynamic dns
>> type
>> account to update your IP address for your domain name (or simpkly use a
>> totally different one, but you must be able to both control it and update
>> it).
>>
>> You are spinning your wheels, I'm afraid it's somewhat futile, you simply
>> don't have a checklist that is properly prepared.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Gary Luca
>> <garyluc...@gmail.com<mailto:garyluc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Got it.  I removed all of the device file "profiles" from the sipX and
>>> then re-added the 3.1.3c one.  So now provisioning works 100%.
>>>
>>> Problem 1 solved.
>>>
>>> Now back to the real problem of it not registering.  I'm going to have
>>> the
>>> company hosting our external DNS add in the necessary records.  Though I
>>> still don't see why this would be necessary if I'm specifying an Outgoing
>>> Proxy.  x-lite works without the external DNS entries, so why wouldn't
>>> the
>>> Polycom 430?
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?

Sent from my mobile device

sip:
tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net<mailto:tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net>
Fax: 434.984.8431

Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net<mailto:tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net>

sip: helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net<mailto:helpd...@voice.myitdepartment.net>

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.

--
Gary J. Luca Jr.

781-333-8087
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garylukes

________________________________
This message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the
individual(s) or entity named. If you are not the intended individual(s) or
entity named you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or reliance upon its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
in error, please notify the sender, delete the original, and destroy all
copies. Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. Garrett County Government therefore does not
accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of email transmission.

Garrett County Government,
203 South Fourth Street, Courthouse, Oakland, Maryland 21550
www.garrettcounty.org