So what does that mean? It works or does not work? If it does not work can
you get a pcap of the failure at your firewall to see what is being
sent/received to determine where it is actually failing?

What "last piece" must be them? Sorry, I'm lost in the translation here.

I actually "dislike" ITSP's that require registration, it does not seem safe
to me. At the same time I find it very handy to have a voip.ms account in my
back pocket. I also "like" the failover arrangement some ITSP's can offer if
your registration goes away, which is somewhat lacking in the IP based ACL
providers. It's a coin toss.

For us "little guys" something like voip.ms that offers and easy way to
connect and a basic failover catchall function is just the ticket since we
don't have all these redundantly redundant stuff whirring away in a loud
cold room...

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Michael Scheidell <scheid...@secnap.net>wrote:

> On 7/22/10 5:37 PM, Tony Graziano wrote:
>
> I think it might be how you are approaching the template.
>

>    1. deleted existing profile, restarting services.
>    2. waiting till they are restarted:
>    3. devices->gateways
>     4. add-new gateway->sip trunk
>    5. name :level3.com'
>    6. SBC route, sipXbridge-1
>    7. provider template:bandwidth.com
>    8. change address:4.55.0.0
>    9. port: 5070
>    10. Trtansport udp
>    11. safe: OK
>    12. click level3.com to edit the itsp account.
>    13. put in account name (i seem to remember skype needing an account)
>    14. put in a dummy password.
>    15. put ip address in server addrress, register address, just in case
>    16. put 5070 in ITSP Registrar Port
>    17. left register on init clear (as per default)
>
> ok, that seems to do it.  but this last piece must be on their end.
>
> i have tried this for hours and hours on voip.ms, never got it working.
>

> gateway->new
>
>  Use the bandwidth.com template as an example. You have to put in a password
> in the template (it does not go to the provider in that example), the
> emplate simply requires one.
>
> ============================
> Tony Graziano, Manager
> Telephone: 434.984.8430
> Fax: 434.984.8431
>
> Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
>
> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> Fax: 434.984.8427
>
> Helpdesk Contract Customers:http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.