Yes AND no. The initial invite comes in from your BW switch at port 5080,
ongoing signalling takes place on port 5060 once a connection has been
ACK'd, which was an IMPORTANT detail you left out having * running and using
port 5050, etc. The two both were trying to respond for requests on port
5060...

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Ujjval Karihaloo <ujj...@simplesignal.com>wrote:

> FYI.....got it working.
>
> I was using port 5050 for SIP Proxy as I am also running asterisk on this
> server...I changed it back to port 5060, shutdown asterisk and it worked...
>
> Looks like the sipXBridge only talks to the SIPXProxy process over port
> 5060....is that correct? Any way to use other ports on SIPXProxy...its
> configurable, just doesn't work...the SipXProxy service never comes up -
> Fails

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.