From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Thu Aug 12 03:41:31 2010
Subject: [sipx-users] Caller ID set by users is not showed in other
side(sipxecs4.2.1).

Hi,

on 4.2.1 we have several users that have set specific Caller IDs for
their users. The Caller IDs are NOT blocked.

In trunk settings we have not set Default Caller IDs and in advanced
settings of trunks we have unchecked this option: "User part of INVITE
SIP URI is a phone number". We have unchecked this, because our ITSP
does not like this and expect to see username in URI.

The situation is this.

I do external call and phone is ringing on the other side. But phone
does not show the number (Caller ID), but it shows "Private Number". For
the phone number is hidden and it shows "Private Number".

In traces of call i see this header set:

P-Asserted-Identity: "Ali" <sip:003491xx...@mydomain.tld>

On version 4.
It looks that ITSP does not take the data from this header and the
number is not showed when we do a call.

So how can i solve this problem?

Let me know if you need a trace and i will attach it.

Thanks in advanced