I don't know of a way to do that unless you use an independent SBC instead
of sipxbridge and tell it to allow REFER for that dialplan/trunk (provider).

At the same time I don't see how it would be desirable to introduce that
into sipxbridge (enable/disable refer).

I am assuming your ITSP is a residential provider and not a real business
class provider (or their switch vendor is in the residential market)...

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Burden, Mike <m...@lynk.com> wrote:

>  Good morning,
>

> I have an ITSP that is currently battling with a switch vendor on my
> behalf, because when we transfer a call from extension to extension, we lose
> audio.
>

> The switch vendor is pointing out that they are not getting a REFER from
> us.   This, of course, is because sipXbridge translates the REFER into an
> INVITE.
>

> So... seems you can’t win either way.  Many ITSPs apparently don’t handle
> REFER correctly.   Ours apparently doesn’t handle a re-INVITE correctly.
>

> Obviously the correct long term solution is for the switch vendor to fix
> their switch.
>

> In the meantime, is it possible to disable this behavior in the
> sipXbridge?   I’ve poked around the sipXbridge page on the sipXecs SBC page,
> but don’t see anything that looks like it would do this.
>

> [image: cid:image001.jpg@01C85750.45790B60]
>
> * **Mike Burden*
>
> [image: Lynk.gif]*
> Lynk Systems, Inc*
>
> * e-mail:* m...@lynk.com
>
> * Phone:* 616-532-4985

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.

<<image002.gif>>

<<image001.jpg>>