If you nail up a VPN before starting a softphone you could go through the
tunnel and avoid this.

If you have a hard phone you'll need a hardware VPN though.

Or, have the provider put the DSL device in pass-thru (bridge) mode and put
your own firewall behind it.

Mike

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Tony Graziano
<tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net>wrote:

> You bbox thing has a sip proxy helper that you should disable. If you are
> using xlite you should ensure "send local or internal address" is chosen.
> If they won't disable it get another provider.
>
> Putting sipx in a dmz WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. The problem is at the far
> end.
>

> ============================
> Tony Graziano, Manager
> Telephone: 434.984.8430
> Fax: 434.984.8431
>
> Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
>
> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> Telephone: 434.984.8426
> Fax: 434.984.8427
>
> Helpdesk Contract Customers:
> http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info <sip%3ampic...@sipxecs.info>