Attempting to get HA working with sipX 4.2.1 and running into problems.

We are currently running on 3 SIP servers:

SIPX1 - Primary SIP Server with all Roles except SIP Trunking

SIPX2 - Redundant SIP Router role only

SBC1 - SIP Trunking (Primary SIP Gateway to ITSP) role only

Our DNS SIP SRV Records look like (dig run from SBC1): > dig -t SRV
_sip._tcp.our.domain.net

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> -t SRV _sip._tcp.our.domain.net

;; global options:  printcmd

;; Got answer:

;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;_sip._tcp.our.domain.net.          IN      SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:

_sip._tcp.our.domain.net.   900     IN      SRV     1 100 5060
sipx1.our.domain.net.

_sip._tcp.our.domain.net.   3600    IN      SRV     2 0 5060
sipx2.our.domain.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:

sipx1.our.domain.net. 900    IN      A       10.16.20.210

sipx2.our.domain.net. 900    IN      A       10.16.20.211

Yet for some reason, when an inbound call comes in, SBC2 is trying to
contact SIPX2 rather than SIPX1 which according to DNS should be priority.

What we see in SIP Viewer is:

ITSP -> INVITE -> SBC1

SBC1 -> INVITE -> SIPX2

SIPX2 -> TRYING -> SBC1

SIPX2 -> 404 Not Found -> SBC1

SBC1 -> ACK -> SIPX2

SBC1 -> 404 Not Found -> ITSP

Is there some setting on SIPX2 that is wrong - and shouldn't SBC1 be trying
to send that traffic off to SIPX1 based on DNS SRV Records?

Peter Talbot, Realogy

NRTNE Network Administrator

E: peter.tal...@nrtnortheast.com

P: 781-684-5658

F: 781-684-0358

"The information in this electronic mail message is the sender's
confidential business and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee(s). Access to this internet electronic mail message by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful."

"The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and
its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. The sender's employer is not liable for any loss or damage
arising in any way from this message or its attachments." [v1.0.07.109]