From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
<sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org>
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
<sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Sent: Mon Sep 06 20:39:12 2010
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] HA DNS SRV Question and Problem

Because you didn't word it well - or perhaps I misread - you're saying I
need to have SIP Proxy running on all backend servers?

If so that IS the case - on both SIPX1 and SIPX2 the SIP Proxy service (part
of the SIP Router role, both Primary and Redundant) is in fact running.

(as both servers are set zero weight) which makes no difference:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> -t SRV _sip._udp.our.domain.net
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_sip._udp.our.domain.net.          IN      SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_sip._udp.our.domain.net.   900     IN      SRV     1 0 5060
sipx1.our.domain.net.
_sip._udp.our.domain.net.   3600    IN      SRV     2 0 5060
sipx2.our.domain.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
sipx1.our.domain.net. 900    IN      A       10.16.20.210
sipx2.our.domain.net. 900    IN      A       10.16.20.211

Peter Talbot