While reading up on this device, it’s clear to me why it is not deployed
heavily. The MWi settings can be configured to “regularly” ring the handset
as a reminder that there is voicemail. That would certainly irritate me in
the middle of the night if it were in my home.

The device subscribes to VM with the same action as it does subscribe to the
line (PROXY).

If you recently did an update to the sipx system, you should send all the
profiles from sipx to all your devices.

I am not sure many of the people on this list at all deal with the
residential market, hence the lack of answers to your dilemma.

If all of your phone lines for these devices were in one demarc at least
there would be a commercial device to implement. I don’t know of a
functional, supported ATA FXS device for your needs though, sorry.