On 10/27/10 1:50 PM, Bryan Anderson wrote:

I have seen the same problem, and ONLY when calling from verizon cell phones. (and I am still on 4.2.0, since I am not convinced the update will not break things...)

I assume you set hunt group by having a phantom user fwd to the hunt group? (this is what we did) only way I could get it to work was have a real phone (dedicated to hunt groups, registered one line per hunt group).
it rings the phone and hunt group.

Just after moving to this system we noticed some calls would ring once and then disconnect. We did some testing and discovered it was isolated to Verizon Wireless callers. I have yet to figure it out. I have had 3 T- mobile customers call, 2 AT&T, 1 Sprint, and 5 Verizon. I have tried 7 land lines. Aside from those about 20-40 calls a day in and out of the system work. Callers that have show as "failed" or "Abandoned" in the CDR when called back say they are Verizon and report the same issue, "It rang once then hung up".

Two of the DID's go to hunt groups that simultaneously ring all phones. If no answer the Hunt group falls to x200 and hits a general mailbox.

One number is an Alias that is Assigned to a user, which is the user on line 2 of all 8 phones.

The fourth number is really just for me to test with.

Yesterday I did some testing on routing the call different ways in our system using one number.

1) I sent callers to a hunt group = Verizon callers got disconnected.
2) I sent callers to auto-attendant = Verizon callers got through, entered an extension and calls were answerable by our users. (if no answer it went to voicemail) 3) I sent callers to a user directly = Verizon callers got through to that extension. (if no answer it went to voicemail)

So if I send them to a hunt group, the call doesn't work, If I send them to a user assigned to all the phones, it doesn't go through. If I send them to 1 user or to auto attendant, the call goes through. Any ideas or advice?

sipXconfig (4.2.0-018575 2010-04-15T00:40:11 ecs-centos5)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008