Careful Nathaniel... like Samson my strength is coming back as my hair grows
in and you aren't that far down the road!

The whole JAVA comment I made goes back to many exchanges I had with Dale
and Scott, among others, back 3.6/3.8'ish days. Soon after MRTG was
introduced, RAM was removed from it because they didn;t want to keep
answering the same questions with, "it's normal and expected".

I think there is still an issue in that I can't reliably set permgen size in
sipxconfig.sh, since the last stable build of 4.2.1. I don' t necessarily
think this is a JAVA issue that it can't be set, but more likely a change in
the last stable release.

I don't think the permgen fix is going to be magical for everyone, as that
has to do with CDR/sipxconfig usage. Certainly it all revolves around JAVA
and RAM.

It had always been explained to me that the way sipxconfig was designed, it
is normal to eat up and maintain consumption of all available RAM. CPU is
another thing.

I would consider it "normal and expected" at this time, until someone
clearly codes a way around it and says/proves otherwise (which would be
welcome, because i have a memory like an elephant for this kind of thing, if
you haven't noticed).

http://support.myitdepartment.net

Linked-In Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4