From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Burden, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:08 PM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Incoming call bounces back and forth between SipProxy
and SipRegistrar

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Worley, Dale R
(Dale)

OTOH, 11 times for a single call is higher than would be expected, and may
indicate that your dial plans are arranged to put the call through too many
steps of "redirection", risking that the Max-Forwards number in the incoming
INVITE will be exhausted.  (Or it may be that there are several destination
phones, and you are seeing the redirection processes for all of the INVITEs to
all of the detinations.)

Our DID numbers are aliases for the users DID1, DID2, etc.

The DID* users are configured to forward incoming calls to a hunt group that
rings all of our extensions simultaneously (6 to 8, depending on whether or not
any soft phones are running.)

The "Max Forwards" is dropping by two each time the call bounces back and
forth, so it looks like there is a real danger that an incoming call could
expire in this way.  This call came in with Max Forwards set to 20.   For
reasons unclear to me (probably because it reached the hunt group, and the rest
of the INVITES at that point were in parallel), the "Max Forwards" stopped
decrementing at 12.

 Mike Burden

[cid:image002.gif@01CB9C48.18021880]
Lynk Systems, Inc