From: Joegen Baclor <jbac...@ezuce.com>
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
<sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Cc: Michael Scheidell <michael.scheid...@secnap.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 11, 2011 00:03:33 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] media server on different host?

It will be an issue with the media relay which deduces the IP address of media
based on the initial target of the request.  However, I am not sure if the
relay can dynamically adjust sources based on actual RTP packets sent.  Only
the author can give a holistic answer to this.  If you claim that RTP is never
sent from the caller to the callee based on wireshark, then the issue is not in
the media relay alone since you would have seen RTP packets come in at least in
the network layer and get lost in the forest of sipX media algorithms.