On 4/25/11 2:10 PM, Burleigh, Matt wrote:
Understood, but if a user changes his PIN in the middle of the night, they'll have to wait until I notice that the restart needs to happen. That sucks.
Ditto. on 4.2.0, we tell users they must use a different pin code, plus they must disable their conf line when not in use.

if superuser needs to restart media services for this to work, then the cardinal law of 'upward compatibility' on major systems was just ignored.

systems and subsystems need IMPROVED user friendlyless, not worse.

keep this in mind when doing program and features meetings.

This one glaring issue alone will prevent us from upgrading to 4.4.0, and we might as well wait till 4.6 or beyond.

4.4.0 added for us T.38 (but we don't really need it). didn't add port 5060 trunking (which we needed), and breaks end users use of the conferencing system.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
   * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine