I had a similar issue with a Patton Gateway at one customer site.  Turns out it
was a bug in the Patton software, they had me back rev it to resolve the issue.

Using Patton Gateway on Production system by chance?

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Matt White
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:43 AM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] some lag when answering phone

Looking at your production traces I see that sipx is sending multiple request
to your Cisco endpoint.

For example there are 2 invites sent in a row.  Then later on the ACK is sent
twice.

Looks like a good old fashion network issue with packets not arriving in a
timely fashion.

Your "test" traces do not show the duplicate packets.  Sipx typically does this
when he doesn't receive a respond to the invite in a timely fashion.

A wireshark capture at both ends is the best way to see if its a latency issue
as you can compare the times of when sipx sent the packets and how long it took
the cisco to receive or how long it took it to respond.

-M

>>> On 6/15/2011 at 09:24 AM, in message
>>> <0a1fdb5daa23564f8758ba05d26dcd74fc6...@exchange.telecats.nl>, "Henry
>>> Dogger" <h.dog...@telecats.nl> wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed some lag on our production system, when picking up the phone.

When I answer the phone it takes a second before the other side can hear me…

I tried to reproduce on our test environment but there was only a slight lag
(0.2s) from the phone.

I made traces on both systems, and I noticed a difference… On my production
system the ACK after the OK is held by the proxy for half a second, apparently
the phone does not get this, and the proxy sends another one half a second
behind the first attempt. I do not see this behavior on our test system.

I attached the traces, does anyone know what could cause this?

Using sipXecs-4.2.1 both systems are setup identically.

Kind regards,

Henry Dogger

Telecats BV

  _____