From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:05 PM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Server stopped responding

the registrar log would yield easy to spot information if it were sipvicious.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Gary Luca <garyluc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> I'll look at increasing the memory allocation sometime after production.
> I wish I had checked the states before rebooting.  But we are a call
> center, so at the moment my first instinct was to just reboot the damn thing.
> Would you like me to send along the entire snapshot?  One of the
> developers here is looking through the logs right now, but a lot of it
> is kind of gibberish to him as he's not familiar with the sipX context.
> Thanks
> -Gary
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Tony Graziano
> <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
>>
>> I find 2GB of ram small anymore.
>>
>> Besides a snaphot, it would be handy to know if swapping had occurred
>> (4GB RAM should really be the bare minimum these days, IMO). You
>> should also have check the output of
>>
>> sipxproc --state
>>
>> to see if any services were failed, and also observd from sipxconfig
>> (if available)
>>
>> If using siptrunks and open to the internet, the registrar logs
>> should have been checked to see if they had a flood of register
>> attempts (viewing states of port 5060 at your firewall would tell you
>> this too), ala' sipvicious attacks.
>>
>> Additionally, if CPU had for some reason gone through the roof (top),
>> of course, if that was unavailable, your vmware server stats would
>> indicate as much.
>>
>> Finally, there are some more recent patches you might consider
>> picking up via the repo (stable).
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Gary Luca <garyluc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> > My sipx server stopped responding for some reason.  All users were
>> > disconnected and unable to register.  I rebooted the whole server
>> > and it came back up.
>> > I've taken a snapshot.  What files can I send along that will help
>> > to diagnose the issue?  Give me specific locations and filenames so
>> > I can find them in the snapshot.
>> > Host Server info:
>> > Dell PowerEdge T710
>> > Dual Xeon E5640 @ 2.67GHz
>> > 6GB RAM
>> > 2 x 250GB 7200RPM SATA drives in RAID1 VMware ESXi 4.1.0 SIPX
>> > Virtual Machine:
>> > 2 processor cores
>> > 2GB RAM
>> > 50GB Hard Drive
>> > sipXecs(4.4.0-2011-04-19EDT12:21:17 domU-12-31-39-0E-C9-92)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > -Gary
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gary J. Luca Jr.
>> >
>> > 781-333-8087
>> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/garylukes

>> --
>> ======================
>> Tony Graziano, Manager
>> Telephone: 434.984.8430
>> sip: tgrazi...@voice.myitdepartment.net
>> Fax: 434.326.5325
>>
>> Email: tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net
>>
>> LAN/Telephony/Security and Control Systems Helpdesk:
> [...]

This message and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the
individual(s) or entity named. If you are not the intended individual(s) or
entity named you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or reliance upon its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
in error, please notify the sender, delete the original, and destroy all
copies. Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. Garrett County Government therefore does not
accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of email transmission.

 Garrett County Government,
203 South Fourth Street, Courthouse, Oakland, Maryland 21550
www.garrettcounty.org