See http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3362.txt

On 06/24/2011 10:42 PM, pscheep...@epo.org wrote:
Let's make it more text crunchy....one for the weekend (although I have other plans :)
(Please tell me I am wrong, but I can't find proof that I am)

Officially "m=image" is not a defined SDP media type:
rfc 4566:
<media> is the media type.  Currently defined media are "audio",
     "video", "text", "application", and "message", although this list
     may be extended in the future (see Section 8).
or
_http://www.iana.org/assignments/sdp-parameters_

A valid request should look more like this:
    m=audio 3456 RTP/AVP 18 96
    a=rtpmap:96 telephone-event
    a=fmtp:96 0-15,32-35
    a=sqn: 0
    a=cdsc: 1 audio RTP/AVP 0 18 96
    a=cpar: a=fmtp:96 0-16,32-35
    a=cdsc: 4 image udptl t38
    a=cdsc: 5 image tcp t38
(although according to _http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3407.txt_
   Each capability description in the capability set is on the form:

  where <cap-num> is an integer between 1 and 255 (both included) used
  are defined as in the SDP "m=" line.
)
In some rfc's m=image is used however:
rfc4145:
     m=image 54111 TCP t38
    c=IN IP4 192.0.2.2
    a=setup:passive
    a=connection:new
rfc4572:
   m=image 54111 TCP/TLS t38
  c=IN IP4 192.0.2.2
  a=setup:passive
  a=connection:new
  a=fingerprint:SHA-1 \
         4A:AD:B9:B1:3F:82:18:3B:54:02:12:DF:3E:5D:49:6B:19:E5:7C:AB

A nice example is _http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5347.txt_
where both formats are used depending on who was writing probably....
But unless my google skills are deteriorating then sdp does not support m=image, and that makes the request malformed => drop it.

Paul