From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of
m...@grounded.net
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:02 PM
To: sipx-users
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] flowroute VPRI IP authentication

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:20:57 -0500, Tony Graziano wrote:
> I dont know VPRI means. If you use terms noone but you might
> understand you might explain it a bit. Throwing that aside...

When I don't use the right terms, I get grief and when I use the terms I'm
seeing in docs, I still get grief :).
I would have called it Virtual PRI but flowroute itself seems to call it
VPRI for short.

> flowroute is a two-edged sword: Use the bandwidth.com template and
> change the bandwidth.com gateway stuff to your flowroute gateway. make
> sure flowroute is swet to send to your ip address and port 5080. Very
simple.

I'll take a look at this.

> If you use dual wan with flowroute you may have issues if you route
> netblocks or providers via specific wan ports.

Flowroute will be the only gateway these sipx servers will know and have.

> flowroute does not control
> the majority of their network and hence, RTP does not come from the
> same IP as the gateway. You pretty much have to open everything to use
> flowroute if you had been in locked down mode.

I didn't know this about them and to date, have always used an IP allow rule
for them.
Guess I've been lucky, haven't heard of any missed calls.

These servers won't have any remote users but I wanted to have a bit of
security in place so figured I would block all but sip.flowroute.com. Now I
seem to have a new problem.

Mike