It looks like you like staying on Centos 5 and 4.4 is the best transition.
I will plan on installing on the server and then doing an restore from my
backups.

Are you saying then when SipX 4.6 / CentOS 6 comes out that we will be able
to re-install from ISO and then restore the 4.4 data into 4.6? I thought
the database technology was changing and would prevent this? Just
clarifying.

Thanks, again, all for your replies.

Jes

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:01 AM, <pscheep...@epo.org> wrote:

> I think for a production environment it's much easier to run 4.4 from ISO
> (thus Centos 5) and upgrade by
> -backup
> -ISO install of 4.6
> -restore
>
> BTW: NOT 4.5, all odd releases are development releases
>
> Douglas Hubler <dhub...@ezuce.com> wrote on 08-02-2012 19:38:03:
>

> >> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Becker, Jesse <beck...@sunyulster.edu>
> wrote:
>
> >>  Thank you for your reply. I was not planning on doing an in place
> >> upgrade from Centos5 to 6. i was wondering if CentOS 6 could be
> >> installed on the new servers and then install SipX 4.4 from RPM and
> >> restore the configuration. The second part of that questions was if
> >> one was on CentOS 6 and SipX 4.4, would they be able to in place
> >> upgrade to 4.5.  I am trying to determine if it is worth getting 4.4
> >> to run on CentOS 6 now or if we should just stick with CentOS 5 and
> SipX 4.4.
> >>
> > That would be great if you could get 4.4 to compile on centos 6.  i
> > recall a few seeing patches to freeswitch related to centos 6.
> > sipxecs 4.4 already compiled on fedora 12, so the switch to centos 6
> > was pretty non eventful.  we'd want only the patches to freeswitch
> > for centos 6, not all patches in between because it would risk
> > destablizing freeswitch in 4.4
> >
> > with mock, you need to copy ./mak/mock/centos-6* files from master.

Jesse Becker  |  Technical Manager
Network+ | Linux+ Certified Professional
DATATEL+SGHE @ SUNY Ulster
491 Cottekill Road, Stone Ridge, NY  12484
Tel 845-687-5064 | Fax 845-687-5105
beck...@sunyulster.edu | www.sunyulster.edu

<http://www.sunyulster.edu/>

Check out our knowledge base: