From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Tony Graziano
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:19 PM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] FW: MS Lync and Exchange 2010

Certificates are perhaps a little more flexible in  4.6, but I know there were
workarounds in 4.4 for people who wanted to use a cert from the AD server. I
would have followed those threads. However, I do think one of the forward
looking things to do with sipx would be to integrate to other cloud based
platforms (whether it be O365, GoogleApps, Zimbra, etc.). Zimbra would perhaps
be easiest, but it is also perhaps the least attractive in terms of its
architecture (hp OM), becuase of storage and backup and "regular old
maintenance routines). Google is least expensive and simpler for users, but
there are limitations in the guise of "what" Google will allow you to do with
their message stores, etc. I see it compelling to fix the address book portal
to bring in the users google contacts and harness it for click to call, as
simpler, cleaner, and less for the system (sipx) to store or sync, it can be
pulled in live. If gtalk can be harnessed to mirror your sipx IM state, that
goes a long way too. It would also be cool to see if there was a way to use a
vmail destination as a google voice account for users. If these things can be
done in O365 then super dee duper.

I've seen where sipx came from "way back when", where it is now, and where it
is going. The cloud is not the limit, its just the next layer.