Great suggestion. You might consider putting the default password in the
User Group too, we use groups in a kind of tenanted solution so it would be
good if each customer (ie group) could have a seperate default password.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM, George Niculae <geo...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> I noticed lately that some changes were done in this area - AFAIU
> passwords will be empty by default but when creating an user from  admin
> portal a button to generate random pass is available. While this address
> some of the issues raised by Todd I don't feel like the right way to
> implement it. That's because an admin wanting to have a policy of random
> generated passwords for the entire system needs to manually click the
> button for each user and that could be annoying. IMO we should have this
> option as a global setting (drop down with options like empty pass, random
> generated) and this to be automatically applied for all users that are
> created. More, this would allow leveraging the default password policy for
> all mechanisms that creates sipXecs users - SOAP API, users imported from
> ldap, etc.
>
> George

*Sven Evensen, Operations Consultant*

*OnRelay*

Elizabeth House │ 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ, UK │ +44 (0) 207 902 8123 │
mailto:sven.even...@onrelay.com <sven.even...@onrelay.com> │ www.onrelay.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from OnRelay,
Ltd., that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended
solely for the recipient and use by any other party is not authorised. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information or any attachment,
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please notify us immediately by electronic mail (i...@onrelay.com) and
Registered in England No 04006093 ¦ Registered Office 1st Floor, 236 Gray's
Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB