Firstly, to George Niculae. Thank you for your post. I did
not find the answer there, but I did find it digging back
(via Google) to a very old post.

Secondly to Tony. In your first post you made the following
comment.

> Since you have an unwillingness to provide this, you're
> the 1 who has
> painted yourself into this corner is that you find
> yourself in.

and

>I did read your OP and I read a lot of the replies. You
have the assumption
>4.6 is stable and release ready.

The first piece of advice I received was to send my SIP logs
to Aastra. Hardly helpful. You obviously didn't read my OP
properly as you would have seen that I was asking this
question in relation to 4.4. You still have not answered my
question on why, if the proxy does all auth the auth
originates from the MWI server. I suggest that you don't
know.

For all those who may come across this issue, the problem is
that due to what looks like a bug in the provisioning
component (yes Tony a problem with SipX. Who'd have thunk
it?). When the device group has the registrar and proxy
ports set to 0, this does not carry through to the the
device config which sets them to 5060. This causes the
subscriptions to fail. Each device needs to be set manually
with its proxy and registrar ports to 0. When this is done
and the phone reboots, it subscribes correctly.

Actually, I think the endpoint should be able to suffix the
URI and TO fields with the port number and maybe this is a
bug also, but it can be worked around, so the end result is
good.

Here are a couple of SIP traces. The first is a failing
Aastra with the port number in the URI and following is a
working Aastra.

SUBSCRIBE sip:mailto:204@datamerge.local:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.56.152;branch=z9hG4bKa9fc7cb103b8bbd0c
Route: <sip:sipxecs.datamerge.local;lr>
Max-Forwards: 70