Not sure why nobody has patched it but this has been around since 3.10.x.
 I don't see a tracker item on it so that would be the place to start.
http://track.sipfoundry.org

This is a long-known issue with the Aastra config template.  Patches are of
course welcome.

Mike

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Mark Dutton <repl...@datamerge.com.au>wrote:

> I did say exactly what I did to make it work in an earlier
> post. The problem was that the SipX provisioning software
> was not carrying the port = 0 variable in the device group
> server settings for registrar and proxy. Even though the
> device group profile has 0, the device profile still puts in
> 5060 as a default. You have to go to each device
> individually and override the setting with 0. This then
> causes the handset to use the default port of 5060, but not
> to specify it in the URI. This then made the MWI server
> happy to auth it.
>
> And I can tell you with all certainty that Zultys does not
> use a special firmware. I have been a Zultys beta tester for
> 5 years working with the dev guys. Aastra has a provisioning
> system where it goes to the Internet on first boot (after
> factory default) and looks up the mac address a database
> maintained by Aastra. Aastra then sends back certain
> identity information, such as the correct splash screen
> bitmap and agent string, etc.
>
> The actual firmware is direct from Aastra and is unmodified
> (in the Zultys case).
>
> What got my back up was that in my first post I asked what
> information to gather to send to the SipX forum and instead
> I was told to send a SIP log to Aastra. Believe me they
> would have absolutely no interest in even replying.
>
> I am new to SipX, but not to IP tel. I am not sure which
> logs give me what sort of information (apart from
> sipXproxy.log). I have been using sipx-trace and sipviewer
> (when necessary) to do my investigations to date. Where I
> came unstuck with this was that I did not know why I was
> getting an auth error.
>
> As it turned out, it was because the phone was subscribing
> with the port in the URI. From Joegen's post (the RFC
> excerpt), I could see that the port designator is a key part
> of a URI match and this is what SipX didn't like. However,
> if SipX was being strict, it should not have allowed the
> REGISTER, or INVITE methods either as these too were
> appending the port to the URI.
>
> One has to be pragmatic with SIP. There are so many
> "viewpoints" on what is legal. When it comes to Aastra, a
> large, isolationist company, or SipX, an open community, it
> is going to be the latter that is more likely to accomodate
> change than the former. Just the way of the world.
> --
> Regards
>
> Mark Dutton

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810