I doubt you have enough RAM for 3000 conference bridges or 2000 users to
operate at any load, and maybe you have the conferences but only have a few
active at any time. If your processors are healthy (higher amount of L2
cache), they perform better. However, the USERUI, conference and media
services will consume RAM. This is not going to change in 4.6. If you would
get serious abut putting more RAM in the box you would find the server can
handle the load better.

For your first two server 16-32GB ram would be a better configuration.
Anytime you go over 50 users, I would recommend 8GB (my preference). Our
minimal install is 8GB so we don't have to fight RAM issues.

In 4.6 you will see USERUI CPU useage go down considerably with the changes
to apache and overall system changes during use. But given the loads for
users/conferences on your two "first" servers, CPU cache and RAM
should definitely be looked at.Always opt for higher L2 cache in processors
for sipx if given a choice.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Martin Rodriguez <gmartin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> My architecture is:
>
> * 1 Sipx Proxy Sip Primary in Argentina (2000 users) Dell R210 Xeon
> DualCore X3430 2.40GHz - 8 GB RAM
> * 1 Sipx Conference Only (3000 Bridges)
> * 1 Sipx Proxy Sip and Conference in Uruguay (250 users)
> * 1 Sipx Proxy Sip and Conference in Colombia (150 users)
> * 1 Sipx Proxy Sip and Conference in USA (50 users)
>
> In my Proxy Sip Argentina i have Trunks to Providers and GUI Sipx. We
> were able to detect that the single-use GUI to manage conferences as users,
> generates high CPU consumption problem causing SIP proxy in the primary. Our
> idea is to leave just the primary proxy like Management and add a new more
> powerful server as Primary SIP.
>
> The new  server is Dell R310 Xeoan Quad Core and 4 GB Ram.
>
> Martin
>

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Michael Picher <mpic...@ezuce.com>wrote:
>
>> i thought i was perfectly clear...  you have 5 now...  max allowed.
>>
>> how many users do you have such that you need a 5 server system.
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Martin Rodriguez
>> <gmartin...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Michael:
>>>
>>> I still have doubts or think I was clear. I have 1 SIP Server SIP
>>> Primary and 4 Redundant SIP Router. I need add one more in my
>>> architecture. The limitation that you mention, is correct? or Only apply
>>> in 5 Primary SIP Servers?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Martin

>> --
>> Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
>> eZuce, Inc.
>>
>> 300 Brickstone Square****
>>
>> Suite 201****
>>
>> Andover, MA. 01810
>> O.978-296-1005 X2015
>> M.207-956-0262
>> @mpicher <http://twitter.com/mpicher>
>> linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=35504760&trk=tab_pro>
>> www.ezuce.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
<http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net