You can try to insert a phantom extension in between your steps, that
forwards to the next step, rather than having one phantom do all of this.
Haven't tried it, but would if I was fighting this issue.

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Philippe
Laurent
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:07 PM
To: sipx-users
Subject: [sipx-users] Hunt group/Phantom user routing

This isn't complicated, and yet it doesn't work. Bashing welcome.

The plan:

Incoming DID call ->

1) Ring ext 809 twice -> no answer, go to 2 ->

2) Ring, as a group, ext 804, 805, 806, 807, 808, 809 four times - no
answer, go to 3 ->

3) Ring all extensions (801-810) three times - no answer -> drop to
autoattendant for voicemail choices.

The problem:

#1 works fine. When #2 above gets triggered, all phones except for 209 ring.
When #3 triggers, 804-809 do not ring, but 801/802/803/810 ring, and do drop
into autoattendant after the call time expires as required. So, more
succinctly, if a phone was involved in a the previous group, it will not
ring in the next group, for a reason unknown to me.

I've used a number of different methods to try and get this to work. Using
Phantom users for each group, performing forwards, or using Phantom user to
#1 and Hunt groups for the rest of it.

Any clues as to what I'm not doing right?

Philippe