No reason that I know of to move up. New phones being shipped come with
firmware 3.3 or later and there is a manula downgrade procedure. You can
still register the phones, etc., but they boot up with an error message on
the screen of the phone (at least the ones I had seen) and thought perhaps
it was manifesting itself differently for you whereas the issue was server
send profile needs to be automated somehow (I think) or put a readme/big
fat sticky on something. It is also possible this was fixed in a later
release, but I haven't tested it from a fresh install in a couple of weeks.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Wyland, Tony <wyl...@messiah.edu> wrote:

> Ah -- the Send Profiles to the server seems to have fixed things up.  I
> saw that part of the process in the job status screen was to regenerate
> IMDB.  I can also create other new users and things work as expected now.
>
> I did do a yum update prior to configuring but not prior to the initial
> setup script.  The GUI shows the following version info: 4.6.0.
> 2012-09-03EDT17:09:20.
>
> Attached is the sipxconfig.log you requested in case it provides insight
> on what may have gone wrong.
>
> While I'm here - we are using Polycom firmware 3.2.6.314.  Is it suggested
> that we should move up to 3.2.7?
>
> Tony Wyland
> Messiah College
> wyl...@messiah.edu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!

Using or developing for sipXecs from SIPFoundry? Ask me about sipX-CoLab
2013!
<http://sipxcolab2013.eventbrite.com/?discount=tony2013>

Helpdesk Customers: http://myhelp.myitdepartment.net
Blog: http://blog.myitdepartment.net