The SIP on those phones is horribly broken.  They can work Ok with a system
that can run off IP addresses and is a b2bua like Asterisk.

We have a commercial component for openUC (our commercial version of
sipXecs) that we're trialing now at a large potential customer that is
basically an SBC that mangles SIP so that we can present it in a manner
those phones like.

Thanks,
  Mike

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM, David Fulton-Howard <
difultonhow...@mcdonogh.org> wrote:

> Any ideas on how to get the Cisco 7961G phone working with sipXecs?  I
> have it working on an Asterisk installation, but when registered on the
> sipXecs server, whatever I do to the phone config, I can dial voicemail
> (101) but not any extensions.  When dialing voicemail, I get the standard
> automated menu; when dialing an extension, I get a fast busy signal and
> "Reorder" on the display.  I have tried the phone config file straight out
> of sipXecs 4.4.0, a phone config file that is functionally identical to the
> working Asterisk one but with the sipXecs server and login, and basically
> everything in between.  I also have a Polycom SoundPoint IP 601 phone that
> is working fine with sipXecs.  I have tried restarting the server -- still
> no dice.
>
> Help!

Michael Picher, Director of Technical Services
eZuce, Inc.

300 Brickstone Square****

Suite 201****

Andover, MA. 01810