Of course I had already loaded 4.0.0 on my image server and as of today
was looking at loading a machine(RH ES 4).

I will download the pre-release packages and test.

David K Livingstone
CN Signals and Communications
10229 127 Avenue floor 2
Edmonton, AB, T5E 0B9
Ph  : 780 472-3959 Fax : 780 472-3050
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Andrea Righi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2007/11/08 11:43
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [sisuite-users] [ RFC ] SystemImager 4.0.2 or not? (was: client
netboot fails (rsync: failed to set times))

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Andrea,
>
>  I've read all the responses and there are merits to both 1 and 2 as
> well as Bernard Li's response.
>
>  - My vote goes for 2.
>      - should not have binaries availble which are broken and this will
> fix the current problem without introducing any
>        other issues.
>      - option 1 should be released a 4.0.1( ie pre release of 4.0.2) and
> tested.

Well... I've already tested it, but obviously tests are limited by my
resources.
I've reinstalled a i386 with Debian4, suse10, ubuntu 7.10 and a PS3 with
ubuntu
7.10. I was able to reproduce the problem in the PS3 and rsync 3.0.0pre4
fixed
it. I didn't see any other problem.

I would like to remember that the pre-release packages with rsync
3.0.0pre4
(that I've used for my tests) are available here:

http://download.systemimager.org/~arighi/systemimager/

As Bernard correctly said we need more tests. Volunteers are really
welcome... ;-)

-Andrea