---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stas Oskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 28/04/2008 20:03
Subject: Re: [sisuite-users] Kernel Panic EXT3-fs: unable to read
superblock CentOS5 and Perc5i
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi.

 I managed to solve the issue.

 The whole point was that I actually made an image from a machine
 created from image as well. Meaning, I took a post-deployed machine,
 made several changes to it, and created a new image from scratch.

 One of the changes it did, was creating the file hardware.lst in the
 /var/lib/systemimager/images/IMAGE/etc/systemconfig directory.

 The file contained the following entries:

 1166   024a   scsi   sata_svw
 1166   0214   scsi   pata_serverworks
 1166   0223   serial   ohci-hcd

 One of them was the problematic module. Removing the file allowed the
 mkinitrd regeneration to complete.

 After this case, I have the following issue:

 1) Is it ok to make an image from imaged server?
 2) What was the removed file, and was it required in any way?
 3) Is there any way to make the CONFIGRD = YES to work (instead of
 hard-coding the kernel version in each post-install script)?

 4) There is 2 additional files in
 /var/lib/systemimager/images/IMAGE/etc/systemconfig directory,
 systemconfig.conf.save and systemconfig.conf. The
 systemconfig.conf.save has the previous image name DEFAULT/BOOT and
 LABEL, but the systemconfig.conf has systemimager for these labels. It
 seems to work normally, but could it cause any issues?

 Thanks in advance.

 2008/4/25, Stas Oskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi.
 >
 >  I'm using mkinitrd in post-install script.
 >
 >  I tried using CONFIGRD = YES, but it didn't change anything. I mean,
 >  the system still can't read superblock and goes to kernel panic mode,
 >  meaning the initrd isn't being erased/rebuild at all.
 >
 >  Any idea how to verify CONFIGRD = YES indeed doe the job?
 >
 >  Thanks.
 >
 >  2008/4/20, Andrea Righi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
 >
 > > Stas Oskin wrote:
 >  >
 >  > > Hi.
 >  > >
 >  > > Well, I think I encountered one of these "unexpected issues".
 >  > >
 >  > > On the machine I'm currently installing, the script fails with the
 >  > > following error:
 >  > >
 >  > > No module pata_serverworks found for kernel
2.6.18-53.1.14.el5, aborting.