Certainly:   http://imagebin.ca/view/fUF5uU62.html

> What version of rsync did you upgrade from?  Actually, the version of
> rsync which came with SystemImager 4.1.6 is 3.0.0, and not 3.0.2:

2.6.something.   I tried all versions of rsync (old, current, new)---
yes, including the 3.0.0 that came standard.

> Any chance you can downgrade that to 3.0.0 which is the same version
> as the one which came with SystemImager's initrd?

See above-- been there, done that-- made no difference.

> Do you have experience building SystemImager?  Another thing to try is
> to upgrade the version of rsync in initrd to the latest version (which
> seems to be 3.0.3).

No, I haven't "built" systemimager.   I suppose I could give that a
shot....

> How big is your image?  And what are the versions of your server and
> golden client in this case?

A little more than 5G.    Versions of...  ?    Kernel is 2.6.9-78 on
both.  RHEL 4.

> Have you tried bypassing the switch and just plug your server directly
> to the client you are trying to image?  It's a long shot but it's good
> to rule out that it is not a switch related issue.

I will try this, I am still looking for a crossover cable.   But, I do
not suspect this will yield any results:   Keep in mind rsyncing back
and forth between the client and server when they are running works
GREAT.

My sneaking suspicion is that the nic driver(s) in the "standard" initrd
image are old and/or broken--  and that's causing the nic to hang up
eventually.   Since I have tried all sorts of rsync versions, that's the
only thing I think there's left to try.   But that's a catch-22--   my
UYOK blows up-- see top of this post for the image/screenshot of the
kernel panic.   It totally confuses me why my kernel works great, but
when systemimager packages it up for net booting, it blows.   Perhaps
the image I posted above (console screen showing the error) will give
you some insight!!!

--Kent