A couple quick possibilities:
        1.  Duplicate IP addresses.  Okay - yes....dumb thing, but check it
out.  If you are somehow netbooting and getting a dupe IP, well...that
would not show up on a direct x-over connection!

        2.  Frame size/fragmentation.  Netbooting maybe different kernel/
different configs, slightly different parameters for ethernet card.
Some switches don't like larger packet sizes.

        3.  Put a sniffer on it.  I'm not an expert on sniffing from Hosts
(yet), but the ethershark/ethereal derivatives are pretty thorough.
This would need to be on the systemimager server of course.

        4.  Check the switch for errors on that port.

        5.  Speed/Duplex issues.  Again - kind of a dumb one, but if the
netboot kernel/driver has a problem with eth negotiation  - OR doesn't
leave the card auto, then you can have a speed or duplex mismatch.
Speed mismatch generally causes issues IMMEDIATELY and doesn't work
well at all.  Duplex mismatch (100-full one side, 100-1/2duplex on the
other) can cause REAL problems with larger traffic loads.  In general
a REALLY quick way to test this one is to ping with a larger packet
size through the connection.  With small packets getting close to 0%
loss, and the larger the packet the larger the % loss.  Generally we
always check with 32, 1600, 3500, 6000, 10000, 50000 byte packets.
This ASSUMES you are pinging something that will accept packets that
large!  100% packet loss generally means you've tried to ping with a
larger packet than the host will accept!   This is kind of a long shot
- but it doesn't take long to check!  OH - final note here - try the
test in BOTH directions.  You SHOULD see the issue from either side,
but occasionally I've seen issues where it wasn't detectable from the
full duplex side.

        6.  Check the switch for errors on that port!  Did I say this
already?  Depending on the type of error - I can probably tell you
MORE  (frags, crc, align, runt, etc).

Erik