Actually, I think one of my two points earlier was that this list is
weighted specifically towards those involved in viewer development or
whom have a keen interest in that, and - as such - doesn't seem like an
appropriate or representative forum at all for the topic.

Surely, there must be some more inclusive way to have a discussion about
this - if discussion it actually be. For the most part it just looks
like a whole bunch of folks (and admittedly, quite nice folks in the
main. I'm not singling anyone out, and especially not you, Lillian) who
want to get their two-cents worth heard by Linden Lab developers, and
who don't seem to have any other avenue for doing so.

Heck, just doing a quick count of messages, the topic would carry its
own mailing list at this rate, and free this one up for - you know -
talking about the viewer again. :)

If, indeed, as has been suggested, the process of analyzing the grid,
use-cases, running tests and finally producing a cohesive strategy for
dealing with that... if that process is going to take the predicted
"months", it seems like viewer development discussion is going to get
drowned out a little in the torrent.

Just my own two cents, you understand :)

Tateru Nino
http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev