Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 2009-12-23, at 16:40, Dzonatas Sol wrote:
>
>> A peer then connects to the viewer with the resource URI:
>> http://x.y.z.w:50140/Interface/Connect
>>

> Ick, no, please, let's not start publishing viewer IP addresses willy-
> nilly. Given the state of the viewer protocol and security W-Hat and
> the PN will have a field day.

Huh? Why jump to conclusions and spread disinformation?

Despite that I only used x.y.z.w as an example, it does not mean you
have to use an IP address. It is a URI and no IP address is needed. I
could have put: http://www.somehost.com/Interface/Connect

Please, review what is meant by resource URI (in REST context):
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/evaluation.htm#sec_6_2

And, what is meant by just a URI:
http://labs.apache.org/webarch/uri/rfc/rfc3986.html

You'll notice the semantics of root nodes and identifiers are what was
significant, not the IP or host name.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev