> Expecting the SL sever to track every vertex-change might not be
> practical, but a collaborative P2P connection between 2 or more
> clients ala croquet with the finish product updated to the sim server
> for everyone else to see, wouldn't be that difficult to work up. And,
> if someone cares to publish a specific dedicated server for mesh
> collaboration updates, the avatars of a sim and child-sims could still
> watch the mesh  update in realtime, simply by bypassing Linden's sim
> servers

Sounds difficult to me, but go for it if you think that the benefits
outweigh the costs.
-Melinda

Or perhaps a Verse enabled VW client + editing software?  Of course
there still needs to be a way for the VW client to push the changes up
to the server in semi-real-time.

Mike
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev