Stickman wrote:
> Second Life suffers from not being able to quickly and easily see what
> things will look like when placed inworld. Perfecting a texture
> involves editing the texture, saving it, uploading it, applying it,
> checking it, then going back to editing. Why can't it just be a case
> of "tying" a local texture file to SL, and even if it's only displayed
> locally, and then just clicking Ctrl-S to save and having it
> immediately applied to the model you're working with?

I can see where that would be quite useful, and I'm guessing it would be
fairly easy to implement.  I looked on JIRA and the only thing close I
saw was VWR-14492 "Being able to paint and texture directly onto the
prims rather than uploading texture from photoshop or another similar
program" which is much harder.  You should consider putting it out there
and getting some votes for it.

Mike
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev