James,

I think your approach significantly improves the architecture and usefulness of the
framework.  I really like the webdav aspect of the product, but removing the
dependency of the Slide core on webdav is a logical step.  Such a change would enable
Slide to act as a universal content server for all of an organization's applications.

I was just going over my design patterns and it seems like you're describing a Bridge
- http://home.earthlink.net/~huston2/dp/bridge.html - although I'd certainly listen to
arguments for other patterns...the structural ones overlap alot and are always subject
to interpretation.

I'll throw my name in as a potential contributor towards this effort; its certainly a
worthy cause.  I'm going on vacation with me and not taking a computer.  But, I'll
bring a pad and paper (if it's good enough for Cray it's good enough for me) and see
what I can come up with.

I'd be interested to know what Abstractions people are interested in first.  I think
EJB and Webdav are obvious choices.  Are there folks interested in other interfaces in
the very near term?

Larry