>>If you use the slide API for storing data from your app, take into
>>account that it is reallly complicated to store content in a way that
>>you can use the versioning stuff, because all of the versioning is done
in the webdav layer.

What do you mean ? The slide API can manage NodeRevisionDescriptors and
NodeRevisionDescriptor.
It is not what you expect to do ? or are you speaking about other features ?

>>For fast content retrieval in the same vm, slide
>>API might be a good choice.

I'm using the Slide API from a Jetspeed service and its works fine. We have
-/+ 20.000 documents and no problem at all.
Maybe, if we have more and more documents, this solution will not be
scalable. So, next plan is to access to different "external" repositories
via the webdav client.

Christophe