From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 7:39 PM
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: JSR 170 available for Public Review

> Hi Stefan,
> is the RI using slide as backend or is your implementation a replacement
> for the slide core?

the current implementation of the ri has no dependencies on slide. it is
a proposal only. what future direction the implementation will take is open.

> As we spent some time on improving the slide backend (tx filestore,
> improved db-stores) it would be nice to have this features available by
> using the jsr170 api.

i totally agree.

> What about the webdav layer? Is your plan that it will be using the
> jsr170-RI in future. If so please remind that we are working hardly to
> make slide more MS exchange compatible by adding notification, search
> and transaction-support via webav.

remy sketched a possible architecture in his initial proposal:

<quote>
- WebDAV powered JSR 170 client API
- WebDAV server layer, using JSR 170 API
- Slide core, providing a JSR 170 API
</quote>

imo, such an architecture would make perfectly sense. but of course, the
community
has to come up with a strategy/decision regarding a future version of slide
& jsr 170.

cheers
stefan