Davide Savazzi wrote:

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
It could be interesting to write a store that uses jcr or implement jcr using slide :)

just a comment on the JSR in general.

It's too bad such a specification doesn't supercede a given technology (Java) as does the DOM API for instance. Then developers from other technologies (like .NET, PHP and others) could benefit in the same way all XML developers have benefited from the DOM API.

You could say the same for many Java specifications I guess but this one is so inherently techno heterogeneous.

It seems to me that JSR170 is like a macroscopic version of DOM -- where the repository in the case of DOM was restricted to XML packets and the XML infoset protocol.

--
Terence Kearns
ph: +61 2 6201 5516