Michael,
        I was searching the mail archive for some help on permissions and
came upon this discussion you were having with some developer which seemed
relevant to my question:

Does slide permissions propogate based on role memberships. I mean, if I
create a role called "role1", and add a user called "user1" to it, will
user1 get all the permissions that are assigned to role1. I've seen in my
tests that although I gave enough "write" permissions to "role1", Slide does
not allow "user1" to write unless I add the "write" permission to "user1"
itself. Am I missing something or is it a bug. What is your opinion on this?
I am using Slide 2.1M1 and command line client to grant permissions to
/Slide/files collection.

thanks

regards,
Krishna

Krishna Kankipati
Software Engineer
SSA Global
*       1626 Cole Blvd. Golden, CO 80401, USA
*  303-274-3027
Fax:    303-274-3137
*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]