Hi, Krishna!

Everything should work fine in the case you've described. Actually, I'm
testing permissions at the moment and it's one of my own test cases. I am
using the Security helper directly though, not the client.
Haven't you checked the descriptors of the "role1" and the file you're
granting access to ensure that "user1" is really in the "group-member-set"
property of the role and that the permission is set in the file descriptor?

Yours sincerely,
Andrey.