Sounds simple and probably should work (would propertys follow though, or just the content?), but with 50k+ files weighing in over 60gb it is probably very time-consuming. Besides that, my experiences with large amounts of files and windows explorer isn't the best (it usually hangs after a little while). So there is no such tool available at all then?

Sincerely, Peder

----- Original Message ----- From: "Warwick Burrows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: Searching in Slide

For the first question, I have a suggestion that may be too simple and I
haven't thought it all out... But couldn't you create and mount the second
Slide store that you need then copy from the original store to the new store
using a dav client like windows explorer?

Warwick

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the info on searching, will look into DASL and see if it works

for our application! Perhaps you or anyone could answer a couple of more
questions on Slide that I have, or direct me to a place where I can read up
on them?

1) Is there a tool or script that can migrate data between different stores?

For example right now I use the TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore as store for
everything except content, but would like to move it over to a
MySQL/RDBMS-Store (sp?). Is there an easy way to to this?

2) When using the slide realm in tomcat and accessing the webdav layer via
IE on PC I often get two authentication-dialogs - the first one to login to
the computer (as if I were accessing a network share), and after that the
Webdav/HTTP Auth dialog. The first one can just be dismissed by pressing
cancel, but is there a way to stop it from poping up at all? I don't really
see why it would even appear as Webdav is on top of the HTTP-layer and
should only care about the HTTP Auth? Or am I way off?

Sincerely, Peder

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Nordvaller'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 2:41 PM

Hi Peder,

Slide supports DASL queries through the webdav servlet.  You can query
for resources by property value, and perform full text search against
the content.

Text search against content is optimized by a Lucene index.  The
properties
aren't currently indexed by Lucene, but I think full text search for
properties still works using a default brute force search.  I'm not sure
about the performance.

There isn't much documentation on search, but take a look at the
documentation for DASL.  Full Text search is done by having a contains
condition in the where clause.

I think there is also a new DASL implementation for one of the
database stores.

-Ryan Rhodes