From: Davide Savazzi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:58 PM
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: OracleRDBMSAdapter no longer supportted?

On Thursday 19 August 2004 22:31, James Mason wrote:
> It looks like storeContent is overridden in the Oracle adapter to handle
> blobs differently. That's the only reference to an Oracle specific
> class. I don't know if it's necessary, but someone must have had a read
> for putting it there... ;).

The use of Oracle extensions to the Blob object is necessary for versions
previous to 10g (with 10g these extensions are deprecated in favour of jdbc
3.0 api).

> > Well, I could upload the jdbc driver, but I'm pretty sure there would be
> > legal complications.

Yes, Oracle Distribution license isn't compatible with Apache license...
;)

--
Davide Savazzi

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as
soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the unauthorized
use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses.
The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion.

For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at www.hyperion.com