I am having a slight problem configuring a simple JAAS authentication using slide 2.1rc1 ( tomcat binary ) and the example code from the JAAS tutorial

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/GeneralAcnOnly.html

I have downloaded and build the example code from above and jar'd that up and placed it in common/lib

I have modified the jaas.conf to be

slide_login {
sample.module.SampleLoginModule required
namespace=slide;
};

And through some debug i have added to the sample login module I can see that the login method takes the credentials and returns true.

However i still get

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

*type* Status report

*message* _Access to the requested resource has been denied_

*description* _Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden._

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

I have read from the lists that maybe i need to set :

<auto-create-users>true</auto-create-users> <auto-create-users-role>user</auto-create-users-role>

Which I have done but I still get the same error.

Is there another setting I am missing to get this simple sample JAAS authentication working with Slide.

Regards

Paul.