Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to have a (guinea pig) microsling
user so early ;-)

Replying to what hasn't been addressed in this thread yet:

> ...this idea of might clash with sling's concept of pluggable
> presentation scripting engines, though. If so, I'd prefer microsling to be
> opinionated<http://gettingreal.37signals.com/ch04_Make_Opinionated_Software.php>,
> i.e. decide on one scripting engine)...

We will probably have an official favorite scripting engine as time
goes, but at this point I think it's good to be open - if only to
validate the microsling design that allows plugging in different
script engines.

My personal microsling scripting engine is server-side javascript with
ESP templates, I think that'd be a very good choice to write our
examples in: the language is lightweight, powerful, well-known and
fairly readable.

Note also that scripts are not meant for presentation only: for HTTP
requests that do not use the GET method, microsling looks for scripts
having the method name, like POST.js. See ScriptFilenameBuilderTest
for details.

> ...- the content templates reside in the repository (i.e . on a WebDAV drive
> in
> my case). However, static html pages need to reside in the war file....

Would an "initial content loader" mechanism be useful? I have some
code from another project that copies all resources found under
WEB-INF/initial-content into the repository at startup, is that
something that would help you in your application setup?

-Bertrand