Hi guys,

I agree that I would really like to keep things as simple as
possible.

Therefore I think that a GET to the exact repository path should
generally be handled the same way as the WebDAV GET.
I think this is very easy to understand for everybody and
means that microsling generally works just like every
other WebDAV enabled webserver for everything that is
static.

In addition to that we allow "url decoration" such as
selectors and extensions, these are handled by microsling
in its more advanced request processing and mapping.

Personally, I think that this is a very simple and
straightforward solution that leverages a lot of features
implemented in WebDAV entirely correctly.
Think of etag or modified since behaviour on GET
or PUT and DELETE which all would have to be
re-implemented in microsling.

Generally I think WebDAV is very Restful and a very
good basis to start and sort of decorate microsling
on top of a webdav enabled server.

I think there are no collisions or special cases, I would
generally say that if someone addresses an item
directly with what i would call an "exact path match",
the WebDAV behaviour by default is an excellent choice.
I think assuming assuming that people add an extension
to let's say /content/mypage when GETting /content/mypage.html
though microsling is good practice anyway.

regards,
david