On 10/19/07, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...I would
> say, that we should not mix microsling/Sling generation and WebDAV
> generation as it will never correctly workout, unfortunately....

Why wouldn't that work?

I agree that mixing WebDAV and other protocols in the same URL space
might not work depending on what the other protocols are, but what
could go wrong in the simple microsling case?

I'm curious mostly, I cannot argue 100% that it would work, so if you
have contrary evidence it'd help me figure out the issues.

Having a full WebDAV implementation (the Jackrabbit one I assume)
*plus* our cool resource resolving and scripting stuff in the same URI
space sounds like a big benefit for microsling...there might be
downsides, but I'd prefer us to analyze them before dismissing the
idea.

Note that if we wire WebDAV in a clean way in microsling, Sling OSGi
can use the same wiring to do something different (resource spooling
etc).

-Bertrand